Room settings

Options
Tado setup as follows:-

Extension kit connected to combi boiler via Opentherm. 2 “rooms” both with temp sensors and basic rad thermostats.

“Downstairs” has 1 x temp sensor and 3 basic rad thermostats, “Bedroom” has 1 x temp sensor and 1 x basic rad thermostat. In both rooms the temp sensor is the measuring device. The issue is that one of the rad valves is not “closing” when heat is not being called for (i.e. room is up to heat or not scheduled to heat), so when bedroom schedule starts the radiator in question is also getting hot when it shouldn’t. I’ve reset the valve, removed from and re-added to room, tried on different radiator and put in new batteries but still same. Can anyone shed light on this please, do I have a faulty rad valve?

Best Answer

• electron77
    edited March 25 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,

If you have tried it in several different rooms and on different radiators keeping the same settings for those radiators in those rooms, having added/removed said different thermostats when moving them about. . . . takes breath... and all the other thermostats worked with said different changes / rooms... Then I would say you have a faulty thermostat.. unless some other bright spark comes up with a solution I'd take it back for replacement as faulty 👍

Answers

• JaseNews
    Options
    Thanks for the response. My thought was faulty Smart TRV. Out of warranty so I’ll have to buy another one.