Smart thermostat all of a sudden stopped connecting

Options

Hi all,

Have had a pretty problem-free few years with Tado, event through changing boiler type, adding bits to the system, and the last year has been great. We have a fairly standard set up - smart wired thermostat controlling a combi boiler, and then individual radiator thermostats controlling each room. Works great.

Until a couple of days ago. The smart thermostat appears to have developed an issue, it keeps saying it is 'offline', and obviously this means that the whole house is offline because it is the zone controller. We haven't changed the internet, wi-fi, haven't moved the internet bridge, haven't installed any new devices that might be conflicting. I can't think of a single thing that has changed in the house. Everything is powered up, the internet bridge is fully connected. I've changed batteries, restarted the thermostat and the bridge. Every so often the smart thermostat will 'connect' again and everything works fine. It appears as though it still thinks it is paired with the internet bridge when I press the buttons on the device.

This morning, it seemed to reconnect back to life when I manually changed the temperature setting on the thermostat. But 20 minutes later it broke again and hasn't reconnected since.

Manual controls on the radiator stats aren't working, I assume because they can't communicate with the smart thermostat as the zone controller.

I'm at a loss as to what my next step is aside from thinking could the thermostat itself have developed some kind of fault and need to be replaced? It was strange the way it seemed to reconnect when I altered the temperature manually this morning.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Options

Your thinking that the thermostat has developed a fault is a good thought. Sounds like that would be the first widget to try replacing.