Hi, Can I run 2 Tado systems from the same router. 1 for my main home and 1 for an extension with it

Options

Hi, Can I run 2 Tado systems from the same router. 1 for my main home and 1 for an extension with its own boiler.

Answers

• policywonk
    Options

Need to understand:

1. If you have two combie boilers, both with on-demand hot water and with only the CH circuits needing to be controlled, with all radiators running Tado radiator stats, in theory it should be possible to have one system covering both boilers. It will take some thinking but possible with one internet bridge and a combination of radiator stats, and one wall thermostat (probably one or two wired ones).
    2. If you have one system boiler (ie it has controlled CH and hot water) and one combie (with on demand hot water, but pumped CH when needed), and thermostats on all the radiators, that is also possible.
    3. If both are system boilers, both with pumped hot water and CH, then it gets complicated, you may need two internet bridges, two email accounts (one for each boiler), Thats what I'm doing in my building right now.
    4. If one of those systems has under floor heating it may be a different but also workable combination.

Would you be open to describing in more detail what you are aiming for?