Already use tado. New Air Source Heat Pump coming -

Options

Hi. Trying to start a conversation...

I have a question about a new heating system.

I currently use Tado on my oil fired system. Starter Kit, TRVs etc.

I will soon get an air source heat pump system. It uses Honeywell T3 programable thermostat as installed. I believe a T6 wall stat is an option.

Simple(ish) question - Can I use my Tado kit with this?

A neighbour has just had it installed. They gave him two RadBot 1 TRV for individual radiator boost. I can't see how this works. As they don't 'communicate' with anything.

Input much appreciated.

Comments

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭
    edited April 11
    Options
    Normally a heat pump is installed with UFH present. You having that done?

The radbot trv is a stand alone thing, not recently interfaced to the boiler control or to a decent app controlling temps. Don't bother with it.

Make sure your heat pump can handle the thermal demands of your home properly. Then use the tado trvs.
  • Nutter
    Nutter ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the Reply

Heat Pump is a free system from Welsh Government. Not had the survey yet. Doctor has approved the needs part.

How do I get the Tado TRV’s to turn the Heating On? Would I just use the Tado Room Stat?

They gave our neighbour an Honeywell T3 portable unit not a wall stat.

SGC

• Nutter
    Nutter ✭✭
    Options

anyone know how I talk to Tado? Their help system doesn’t have a General Enquiry option (that I can see)…

• policywonk
    Options
    I recently had my system changed and it seems that tado does chat to professional installers. Suggest you press your installers to apply your tado controls. It isn't difficult technically for them. They just might be driven by routine, than client needs though.
  • Nutter
    Nutter ✭✭
    Options

polickwonk: Thank you. I have now discovered that my neighbour was offered a Honeywell T6 wall mounted. He didn’t know what he wanted as he was coming from Night Storage. So he took the portable T3. His installer was pretty cool about his ‘complicated’ install so I may give them a call.

• Nutter
    Nutter ✭✭
    Options

policywonk: What is UFH?

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Under Floor Heating......
  • Nutter
    Nutter ✭✭
    Options

confused I am - yes…

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The force is strong.....
  • Nutter
    Nutter ✭✭
    edited April 15
    Options

or not so in this case. Why would a heat pump be fitted to an UFH system and why is it applicable to a system I will (should) be getting?

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is all above my "pay grade of knowledge" regarding UFH and a "Heat Pump"......My setup is a "prehistoric" gas boiler and wall radiators......can't afford anything better.....so I'm out of this one.....
    Hopefully you can get some useful information from some of our other Forum Members.