Operation/algorithm/

Options

I’ve attempted for some time to get to grips with the tado system, I can make it work reasonably well and find the geofencing works well, however, I have a number of concerns with regard to how the system actually works and reports via the app;

1. Air Comfort - The app reports temp and humidity based upon the calculated temp (I.e. it uses the measured temp plus or minus any adjustment to compensate for the poor reaction of the smart trv, so, to get the room comfortable at say 19 deg it may require a deduction of 3 degrees to work satisfactorily.) So the app shows that the room temp is 16 deg and uses this to report air comfort etc. even though the room temp is 19 deg. In a nutshell, the information provided via your app, which is used heavily by Tado as a selling point, is incorrect/flawed.
  2. Can you advise where the air quality information used to report on my location, UK WA12, is obtained?
  3. There has been no improvement in battery life since the initial release of the smart trv’s, the claimed life of 2 years is not achievable under real use.
  4. The ‘open window/door’ operation is far too sensitive. Both the radiator trv and the smart wall stat ‘detect’ when an interconnecting door is opened rather than an external door or window and turn off the heat incorrectly.
  5. All the above contribute to the monthly savings report generated via the app. I have concerns that the information reported and more importantly the savings you claim are achievable are actually incorrect and misleading.

I would be interested to hear your comments on all of the above.

Comments

• MarkW
    Options

No comment then, guess that answers that.

• I've also found the open window algorithm to be rather too sensitive. I have the thermostat in my hallway, two downstairs rooms (living room with two rads and dining room with one) with radiator thermostats and one upstairs room (spare room) with the radiator themostat. The house is not particularly draughty so not sure what is driving the changes.

• MarkW
    Options

Hmmm? Still no comment/feedback from Tado. Unable to answer? All the above I feel are valid queries after having spent several hundred pounds on hardware. I get the impression that Tado have no interest in providing support any longer.