w.Intercom = i;TADO v3 compatibility with De Dietrich Inidens 20-24 — tado° Community

TADO v3 compatibility with De Dietrich Inidens 20-24

Hi There,

Anybody knows whether TADO V3 smart thermostat is compatible with the subjected boiler. In particular I would need to know if "clean contact" of the relay inside the thermostat is supported by the boiler and if it would be possible to use an external interface to allow Smart Thermostat to nost simply turn the boiler ON/OFF but also modulate the produced heat using the communication protocol the boiler supports. Thanks in advance to anybody that will help. Have a Great Day !

Answers

• According to their manual, the boiler can use both relay and Opentherm mode. The latter will save you much more money than you might initially think.

A suggestion:

a) Get Tado support to provide you with the information you need to wire in a wired V3+ starter kit onto the boiler, working with the boiler in Opentherm mode purely for CH.

b) Get the instructions to fit that correctly from them.

c) Then add smart radiator valves, room by room until all rooms are controllable via the app.

• Hi policywok, and anybody else interested,

I got my TADO V3+ working perfectly with the boiler De Dietrich INIDENS 20-24 using OpenTherm. Make sure you retrieve the installation manual of the boiler and you make the correct wire connections.

• If you are open please document what you did here. Others will benefit.
  • Actually the connection is simple but to avoid potential issues I would handover to tado° support to provide the "official" solution. I talked with them and they're 100% aware so:

1 - we know for sure this boiler works with tado°
    2 - you can ask directly to tado° support to get specific instructions on how to connect this boiler with tado° V3+

I'm sorry but I would like to avoid that a mistake or misunderstanding of my explanation could cause issues to someone trying to do what I did. Terminals on the main connector of the boiler are subjected to potentially lethal voltages.