w.Intercom = i;Tado X - few setup questions — tado° Community

Tado X - few setup questions

K_T
K_T
When upgrading my setup to Tado X I noticed some notable differences and was wondering if anyone had similar challenges and how to overcome them.

1. Can't add more than one Smart Temperature Sensor to a given room - with the old hardware I had 2 sensors in larger rooms - whilst only one was set to sense temperature, I used the other to control the system.

2. When connecting to other smart home systems - which device in mutli-device room should be connected? In the legacy systems the "room" concept was actually quite useful - for the external systems each room was seen as one regardless of the number of devices. In the new setup it seems that each device can be shared - but it seems a but pointless. Should I share a Smart Temperature Sensor or one of the smart radiator valves? Or it doesn't matter?

3. In the legacy setup I could select which device measures Temperature for the room. It doesn't appear to be the case with X. Which device is responsible for reporting the Temperature for the room?

4. I have a room where I have only a smart temperature sensor (no TRV). It requests the heat from main zone controller. In legacy setup it was visible as a "room" but when connected via Matter it only allows me to see temperature but not to change it in the other apps.
Tagged:

Answers

• K_T
    K_T

Hi!
    I am trying to set up Tado X. I am facing some issues.

1. Some devices do not have a Matter set up code in the app. For some I had to remove and re-add them, but for a couple even doing that multiple times does not make any difference.
    2. I use Alexa and SmartThings - I tried to add Tado X devices to Alexa first (using code from Tado app) and then to SmartThings (again using code from Tado app). However then in Alexa devices appear duplicated - does anyone know the reason behind it? Shall I e.g. add the device to one platform and then in that platform generate the code to add it to the 2nd one? Would that possibly fix the duplicate devices issue? Are there any drawbacks of such approach?

Thanks a lot!

• K_T
    K_T
    Hi! I have an issue where my Tado X devices are connected to a Thread network with currently 2 border routers - Tado X bridge and SmartThings hub. In the app the device status is still "connected" but in reality devices are unresponsive. Other Thread devices in that network are fine. Did anyone experience something similar?
  • Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello @K_T

Which of the above issues have been resolved and which still require support?

• K_T
    K_T
    Hi @Emcee - all of them really. The ability to get Matter code sometimes works after multiple attempts of removing and re-addimg device, but in one case it took me 10 attempts.
  • Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hi again @K_T

Thanks for your patience.

It seems the foremost problem is that your Internet Bridge was offline until Tuesday.
    This likely inhibited your other devices from reaching the Cloud.
    Despite being presented as 'connected' your devices were in fact disconnected.

I see now that your Internet Bridge is back online. Perhaps the issues you've listed here have been resolved?

If not, I also see that you have opened an issue with our live chat. Please continue providing the requested information so that an agent can help you.

• Unfortunately not. The only issue "resolved" is ability to generate Matter credentials in Tado app but sometimes I had to reinstall the device 10 times.