w.Intercom = i;Tado v3+ wired connection to Intergas HR boiler — tado° Community

Tado v3+ wired connection to Intergas HR boiler

Hello all,

I have replaced an IT Salus 500 thermostat with a Tado v3+ wired. The boiler wires on the old thermo were connected to the COM and NO terminals. I tried the same on the Tado but it doesnt control the boiler, it seems to be on all the time regardless of the temperature setting. Can someone help please ?

Kind regards,

Lee.

Best Answers

• Rob
    Rob Admin
    edited October 7 Answer ✓

@LeeHazell

Looking at your account, I see an internet bridge and a wired thermostat. It looks like the installation steps for the wired thermostat were followed, and that the wireless Salus 500 was selected to be replaced by our thermostat. As such, the thermostat was configured as a wireless thermostat and its relay was disabled. However, I am not seeing a wireless receiver in your account.

My presumption is, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you indeed do not have a wireless receiver and want to connect the boiler directly to the thermostat. Assuming that is the case, I have re-configured your thermostat to be a relay thermostat. Connect the wires to NO and COM, and it should work starting now. Assuming the wiring at the boiler side is correct.

As I have no information about your boiler and you talk about NO and COM, I went straight to relay and skipped digital interfaces like Opentherm.

• LeeHazell
    LeeHazell
    Answer ✓

Hello Rob,

yes it is a wired Thermostat. I understand the problem now, your reconfiguration appears to have done the trick the boiler is firing up and switching off when I chage the temperature now. Thanks for the help,

Knd regards,

Lee.

Answers

• What is the status of the indicator lights of the wireless receiver? Is it calling for heat?

• Hi Martin, thanks for taking the time to respond. The problem is actually the reverse. The Tado app can see the termostat and the heat (currently 23 degrees) but when I set it to lower the boiler doesnt go off, so I assume it is not sending the signal. Should I have the wire connection to NC rather than NO ?