w.Intercom = i;Smart Thermostatic valves coming on when they shouldn't — tado° Community

Smart Thermostatic valves coming on when they shouldn't

Hi everyone,

Have a quick question about one of my smart radiator thermostat valves that seems to be coming on when it shouldn't.  The radiator in the bathroom will continue to come on when only the living room is set to heat (the hall bypass rad comes on too as default)

I’ve tried taking out the batteries and waiting 10 seconds. This works in the short term but then defaults to coming on. 

I’ve tried switching out the smart valves (the bathroom was put into my son’s room and his was put into the bathroom). My son’s room then came on so it’s an issue with the smart valve.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks

Donal

Best Answer

• DonalKilleaton
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your help. Tried this and didn't work. Tado suggested pressing down on the valve of the rad itself a few times incase there was calcification. This seemed to work but for how long who knows.

Answers

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    When you take out the batteries, wait for a min, put them back in, then turn it all upside down, then back up again--- did it say "HI"? If it did it means the chip still works.

Slip it back on the rad and lock it in... does it grind into life as you change the temp? If not, time to contact Tado.
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@DonalKilleaton Agree with @policywonk. 10 seconds is too short a time. We usually wait a minute for the device to reset.

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    Stick some WD40 on the pin. We go though every rad once a year and make sure the pins move properly. Takes 2 hours. Saves loads of hassle.