w.Intercom = i;Have I got my set up wrong? — tado° Community

Have I got my set up wrong?

Hi All,

I've been thinking about my set up and think maybe I've got it slightly wrong, would love some advice from you experts!

I have an upstairs and downstairs zone, both of which have a wired thermostat from Tado installed.

I have a combi boiler and a hot water tank / cylinder / immersion heater (TBH I'm not sure!) in the cupboard alongside an older Potterton E2 controller which I've just replaced for a Tado Wireless Receiver this weekend. This is the thing which I'm now not sure if I need.

What I want is the ability to have the heating and hot water on timers but also controllable via the app. I also want to add radiator thermostats to the rooms downstairs and let them operated independently. Mainly in our office room which is colder than the rest of the house so it running it's own radiator would be good.

In my old set up, I had the old thermostats running the CH on a timed schedule and the controller in the cupboard having the CH coming on for those times and the hot water for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening.

I basically want to continue with this set up, but using Tado and wondered if I need the wireless receiver to do this (mainly the bit involving the radiators) or if it's surplus to requirements with the wired thermostats and adding the controls to each of the three downstairs radiators.

Thank you!