w.Intercom = i;Zones — tado° Community

Zones

I have two wired thermostats and one smart TRV. Downstairs, I have just a thermostat. Upstairs, I want to have both a thermostat and a TRV. The problem is that the thermostat is in a room that is always warmer, and I have no idea why. So, I installed a TRV in the second bedroom. However, now whenever the bedroom calls for heat, the room where the thermostat is located gets even warmer, which I don't want. I thought about putting a second smart TRV in the same room as the thermostat, but I can't because the radiator originally doesn't have a normal TRV, so I can't install a smart TRV.

Any idea what I can do to keep the room with the thermostat off while the bedroom is calling for heat?

Answers

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭

Are the wired thermostats, Tado smart thermostats?

Have you taken the time to balance the radiators so that they all warm up at the same pact? If they are balanced, then the wired thermostat needs to be dropped in temperature until it is at a level which is comfortable - irrespective of what it claims to be.

• Yes, the thermostats are weird Tado ones, and the radiators are balanced. The room with the thermostat has a bypass radiator, so there is no TRV on it. My question was more or less: can I put a smart TRV on the bypass radiator so that whenever I call for heat in the second bedroom, it won't activate the radiator in the room with the thermostat?

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    If that one hasn't got a trv base, you'll need to stop it all, drain down to pull out the side valve and replace it with a trv base. It occurred to me that if you are to do that, please consider fitting a bypass valve right next to the pump, with its bypass setting triggering only when all rads are turned off.

Then fit the trv base as well with a smart head.
    Does this make sense?
  • Yes, it does. Thanks for your answer. I think I already have a bypass valve fitted, according to what I found in the boiler manual, unless that means something else. I have no idea—maybe you will know.