w.Intercom = i;Hot Water Option explanation — tado° Community

Hot Water Option explanation

Hello,

Could someone explain me how it works the "Hot Water" option activated? I mean, I have hot water on my boiler even during the hours out of the schedule for Hot Water.

So, what does it do? And what is the benefit of having the Hot Water control activated?

I have a bolier Vaillant EcoTec Plus and Tado conected with ebus.

Thank you.

Comments

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭

Am sorry. It seems there are many models of that boiler name. What exactly is the model? Is it a combi or a system boiler? Do you have a hot water tank? What have you installed?

• Yeah i also have a combi boiler, the hot water option does exactly jack aside from overriding the settings on the boiler (water heats up to 60° no matter what i choose)

• My boiler is Vaillant EcoTec Pure VMW 236/7-2. It is a combi Boiler. And I have installed the TADO V3+

My question is more related to know how it is suppose to behave with the Hot Water control option. In order to compare with my installation to see if it is working properlly.

I have setted up a schedule for Hot Water Control between 07:00 and 09:00 at 47º Celsius and I see that during that period the display in the boiler indicates that 47º for the Hot Water. Outside these hours, the schedule in Tado is "Off" but in the boiler display indicates 55º and I cannot change it manually. So I do not understand the difference of having the Hot Water Control activated and the benefits of having it.

Does it mean that between 07:00-09:00 the boiler is pre-heating the water up to 47º so I will have hot water in a faster way? And when schedule is "off" for Hot Water the boiler does not pre-heat water so it will reduce cost but increase time for hot water? This is the only benefit that come to my mind. But i do not feel that the boiler is working between 07:00 and 09:00 to pre-heat the water. And why I cannot change manually the temperature for water in the boiler setting when in the "Off" periods.

Thank you for your help.