w.Intercom = i;Tado TRV not calling for heat — tado° Community

Tado TRV not calling for heat

In the past 2 days one of the trvs seems to have stopped calling for heat. When I turn up the rad it doesn't switch on the boiler. It shows in the app that it's calling for full power but the temp in the room drops

Answers

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@David_1984 Hello David. Have you checked in the Room settings that the room is assigned to a zone controller, not independent?

• Hi..I have just checked and it is assigned to a zone controller. This has been working fine for the last maybe 8 months. Even as I look now it's set to 22. The rom is about 21. It's showing the 3 lines that it's calling for heat but temp is dropping
  • davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    edited October 15
    Turn up the TRV to 25c so it opens and calls for maximum heat. Now take the tado off the radiator and monitor to see if the radiator gets hot or not. If it doesn't, it could be the following

- Stuck pin in the valve body. Try pushing it in and gently pulling it up a few times. Don't pull out out completely!

- Air lock. Bleed the radiator(s)

If the radiator does get hot then the TRV may have developed a fault.

I assume the rest of your heating is working correctly?
  • Sorry, just re-read the original post and realise that my comments above don't apply

As the room has a zone controller but it's no longer triggering the boiler when heat is requested, can you confirm the following

• Other rooms with the same zone controller are working and calling for heat correctly?

If the above is true, I wonder if something has become corrupt in your config. It might be worth removing the zone controller for the affected room and re-adding it. After doing that, try again to see if the boiler is started when the TRV calls for heat