Manual Override on the new App

Hi, when I manually override the temperature setting for a zone on the new app with iOS, the setting is always "until you cancel", despite the 'Manual Control on tado device' setting for the zone concerned being set to either timer or until next automatic change. So when I change the temperature manually it continues at this new value for ever?

On the old version of the app, the manual control settings could also be chosen when manually overriding the temperature for the zone concerned, but now this is not possible, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Answers

• If you override it manually you can set how long for at the same time. Just drag the back from left to right to set the time. It’s a black horizontal line with black dots on it.
  • The point is not that you can change from "until you resume schedule" to "until the next time block", it's the fact that in the previous App version, it used to keep the users previous selection.

Personally, I tend to use the "until the next time block" to advance the heating and hardly use the 'indefinite "until you resume schedule" and therefore forget to turn off the heating (wasting energy) which is one of the things that Tado champion against.  If the option was to revert the to the previous philosophy, then I believe we’d all be happy.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

The 'manual control on tado⁠° device' option works only for a physical device. It doesn't control changes within the app neither the web.

This is a step back, I also prefer the good old style GUI.

• Yeah, Tado have taken a step backwards with this current app version.
  • If it ain't broke don’t fix it unless it is an improvement which in this case it isn’t…