w.Intercom = i;Smart Thermostat X with several Smart radiator Thermostat X don't work isolated — tado° Community

Smart Thermostat X with several Smart radiator Thermostat X don't work isolated

I have a smart thermostat X working with OpenTherm with my boiler BAXI Neodens Plus.

the smart thermostat X works fine with the boiler. Heating the selected temperature is working and the boiler starts and finish heating once the smart thermostat commands.

the problem comes with several smart radiator thermostar X added to the system. They don't work isolated, I mean, I need to start heating the room where the smart thermostat is installed to start heating if I select a temeperature in some smart radiator thermostat.

any idea? thanks

DAvid

Best Answer

• Rob
    Rob Admin
    Answer ✓

For each of the rooms that you wish to control the boiler, change the Zone Controller setting. You should select the thermostat wired to your boiler as the zone controller.

Settings → rooms & devices → [name of room] → zone controller

Answers

• ok thanks For your help and answer. But then what sets the tempereature of the room, the thermostat wired to the boiler or the smart radiator thermostat In each room??

I want isolated rooms about temperatures. Each room select the temperature so the boiler must be heating or not whatever smart radiator demands heat or not.

I thought the zone controller will fix the temperature with the smart thermostat instead of the temperature sensor of the smart radiator temperature.

I have 1 salon with the smart thermostat wired to the boiler, and 6 rooms each of them has its own smart radiator thermostat. I want to control the temperature and the heating of each room with independence of the other rooms and salon.

Thanks!

David

• Rob
    Rob Admin
    edited October 21

The wired thermostat (or wireless receiver in other homes) is physically connected to the boiler, and is the only one that can actively control the boiler. However, it can also wirelessly receive heating demands from other tado devices, which it will transer to the boiler.

Basically, every device is responsible for the temperature in its own room. Radiator thermostats open/close their radiator valve based on your schedule/setting AND (if a zone controller is selected) will also request heat at the zone controller and thus the boiler if needed.

I have 1 salon with the smart thermostat wired to the boiler, and 6 rooms each of them has its own smart radiator thermostat. I want to control the temperature and the heating of each room with independence of the other rooms and salon.

That is exactly what you're getting. The rooms with radiator thermostat will only heat when it makes sense based on your schedule/setting. They can activate the boiler. They will also close their valve when the specific room has no heat request, preventing (further) heating in this room. The room with the wired thermostat can also activate the boiler based on your setting / schedule.

One thing to keep in mind is that when a boiler heats, the boiler does not know where to pump its hot water too. It just pumps the water. A radiator thermostat decides if a radiator valve is opened or not and thus if its specific radiator gets access to the hot water the boiler is producing. So if you have old not-smart radiator thermostats (and/or underfloor heating), they too can get warm when the boiler is heating.