w.Intercom = i;"while in home mode" breaks the whole system — tado° Community

"while in home mode" breaks the whole system

at3
at3
edited October 18 in General Questions & Topics
Can anybody give me a reason or function of the "while in home mode" I hate it and it breaks everything.

If I come home and turn on the thermostat on the thermostat itself, It goed into "while in home mode" and completely ignores the schedule. It now has heated up my living room for a couple of nights now because it doesn't turn off at the desired time. I could swear it didn't do this before this summer.

This makes Tado completely unreliable for me. I just cant see a good reason to have this function at all and wish they would remove it.

Edit never mind: it just doesn't work in a specific way.

I have a schedule from 00:00 to 23:00 on 17 degrees and 23:00 to 0:00 on 17 degrees. My way of thinking is I want it to switch to 17 degrees at 23 for bed. And during the day it's still a temperature that I don't want it on all the time so I will do that myself. But when you turn on via the thermostat it goes into "while in home mode" and ignores the schedule. If I change the value of 23:00 till 0:00 to 17.1 and I change it during the day it goes to "23:00 while in home mode". The schedule needs to be a different number or else it ignores it.

Long story short: setting your schedule to the same degrees makes Tado skip the schedule even if you changed the value during the day.

Answers

• @at3

This is a little bug in the Tado schedules. Even though you have two time blocks, if there's no change in set temp between the blocks, the manual override just stays on foreever. The workaround for this is to have a change in temp between the blocks or add a short 5 minute block with a different temp between your two 17c blocks. If you had one for 16c at 22:55 that should resolve the issue you're seeing