w.Intercom = i;New Combi Boiler - Which is most compatible? — tado° Community

New Combi Boiler - Which is most compatible?

eku1s
eku1s
edited October 21 in General Questions & Topics
Hi,

I have a Tado wired thermostat currently connected using OpenTherm to my Ideal combi boiler which is in need of replacement. Whilst this works perfectly, I have no idea whether it’s doing any modulation whatsoever. It’s an old boiler and probably one of the first to support OpenTherm.

Having done much research on what Tado supports vs which boilers use which digital standards, I’ve narrowed it down to Vaillant and Viessmann.

I’m looking to avoid any scenario where I spend £3200 on a new boiler and installation, only to find I run into an issue which forces me to use the on/off relay (for reasons I’m sure everyone is familiar with). For example, with Vaillant, I’ve read some reports on this forum of scenarios such as eBus not working correctly with newer Vaillant boilers, etc.

I’ve also read a few reports of poor support and lack of parts availability with Viessmann. I’m also totally put off by Worcester Bosch since their newest protocol doesn’t appear to be supported by Tado (unless this has changed).

If money were no object (within reason) and one wished for the most compatibility with Tado, allowing full modulation and enablement of all features, which boiler(s) would people recommend here?

Thanks