How easy is it to set away/home compared to paying the subscription?

Hello,

If I buy tado v3+ but do not take out the subscription, how much 'effort' is required in the app to turn the heating on/off manually as opposed to auto. All the backlash I'm reading seems to suggest it's a big deal, so is it more than a case of, 1) get a notification, 2) click on it to open the app, 3) click a button to turn on/off heating?

Thanks.

Answers

• VertigoVertigo ✭✭✭

If there was a button, I wouldnt mind. Problem is there isnt one. Not before you actually 'left' the house. And not before you returned. You first have to start driving, until the geolocation spots you far enough from home, THEN you get a popup allowing you to set the house to away mode. While driving. And if you do that, there is no way to turn it back to Home home until you actually get back home to your ice cold house. Even if your brother, babysitter or household gets there. Even if you knew 1 hour before and could have pressed a button at the office. You cant. There is no button. Hilarious fun when you leave your phone at work too. Brilliant thinking by Tado.

• edited November 19
    So you can't even override it from the panel? Or turn off geofencing then enable our disable heating?
  • VertigoVertigo ✭✭✭

Well you can override the temp setting for each zone manually. I guess if you have 1 or 2 zones, thats not the end of the world, but I would have 8 or 9 zones. I didnt pay for a smart thermostat to be adjusting 8 temp settings 2 or 3 times per day!

• jacoscarjacoscar ✭✭
    edited November 23
    Seriously, what’s the reason people buy V3+ products when there are a lot of V2/V3 still on ebay? Misinformation? Misunderstanding from Tado website?
  • I bought the Nest. It was reduced in the sales so its a lot less than the tado with extension kit. I can live without trv control.

To be honest, Tado really needed to create a bundle with extension kit as almost everyone in UK has combi. Only one I saw was water plus heating with extension

Thing is £79 for the kit is ridiculous, we all know it isn't really much more than an electrical junction box and basic radio receiver...