Tado connecting to an ATAG Blauwe Engel II (2003)

Can you please advice how to connect an ATAG Blauwe Engel II (2003) Non OpenTerm device to the Tado Thermostat? I was previously informed by ATAG that my device was equipped with Open Therm but after installation (and not working) i recontacted ATAG helpdesk. My device seems to Old (serial no based). I'm not willing to return the set and hope anyone can provide me with ea working sollution. The actual themostat is a ATAG Brain.

Answers

• Michael
    Michael | Moderator
    edited March 7

Hi,

If you contact support they could help you out, with the exact instructions.

Contact us article

Basically you need to wire the boiler to relay (on/off) instead of the bus.

The Smart Thermostat needs to be wired to relay as well, support can help you with changing the soft ware driver of the Smart Thermostat to relay.

Kind regards,

Michael

• Did you manage to make it. work?

• Hi ,

I have the same installation characteristics : a Tado system (6 smart radiator knobs, 1 wireless temperature sensor, a wireless receiver and a Internet bridge), our heating system is an ATAG Blauwe Engel II (around 2003). For years I had a Evohome Honeywell system, wired to the relay (on/off, wires 22 and 23 on the atag connector block and that worked correctly. During installation, a few weeks ago,I have followed the TADO instructions available when connecting the wireless receiver to ATAG Blauwe Engel, but very regularly, at least that is my feeling, the wireless receiver shows that there is heat required (the LED to the far right is on) but I've checked very thoroughly that no devices is actually asking for heat, neither through smart schedule, neither manually on the devices itself). What happens is that our boiler is being kept on a temperature of around 70 °C with no reason.

Can someone help me understand what is happening here, please ? If possible, I'd appreciate some direct help from Tado support. In the post from Michael the moderator above, he mentions that "The Smart Thermostat needs to be wired to relay as well, support can help you with changing the soft ware driver of the Smart Thermostat to relay." What does this mean ? Do I need to change something extra in the wireless receiver ?

Thanks for helping me out,

Frank