Heating coming on at night

Can anyone tell me why my heating comes on randomly through the night, but according to my heating graphs, no heat is called for? My boiler kicking in at least 3 times last night, so effectively wasting money heating a sleeping house.

Answers

• Does Tado read these??
  • Knowing your setup might be useful to give you an answer
  • It all there in the question,

"why my heating comes on randomly through the night, but according to my heating graphs, no heat is called for? My boiler kicking in at least 3 times last night,"

Although I thought "boiler" might give it away, it's my central heating system.
  • Assuming your statement is true, and all heating graphs for all rooms in your Tado setup show no demand being called during those periods (I've had issues with early start coming on 3-4 hours before the next smart schedule transition, so I assume you can rule that out?) , then some plausible things to check:

1. Boilers generally have frost protection and will kick in if the temperature gets too low, this is independent of any external controls (such as Tado)
    2. This is more for hot water, but my combi has the hot water 'on' all the time, i.e. it will accept demand for hot water and fire up on demand, but it monitors the hot water temperature and will kick in to stop this getting very low (pre-warming/frost protection), but that should not affect the central heating
    3. How is your Tado wired to the boiler? With potential free or even switched live systems, a floating connection may float to a potential that causes the boiler to think demand is being called. For example, I have a switched Live system, when the relay in the Tado demands heat, I get 230v on the Live return, when the tado drops its relay, that only drops to 90v (there is no current, it's just an 'open' or floating connection, and my engineering brain immediately thought that is rubbish! if it floated to a higher voltage, modern electronics may interpret that as a valid signal..

• MyTadaMyTada
    edited December 2019
    Is the battery low in the TRV? I had similar issues turned on at 4.30am randomly. The low battery status may not be reported by the App.
    I would try and replace the battery first.
    I think Tado TRV may randomly call for heat when the battery is low. It is like someone turning the TRV.