28CDi RSF Worcester Bosch Connection

Options

Hello,

I have bought the basic Tado unit and connected this to my boiler, however, the system keeps fusing out my boiler.

The boiler doesn't switch back on, but the smart thermostat stays on.

I have followed the instructions for wiring, but slightly confused as to why this is happening.

Are you able to help?

Thanks!

Answers

• Wadoud
    Options

Hi Snubbers,

Thanks for the response! Yes I meant that I only have the smart thermostat and internet bridge.

I assumed the above to be correct. However, I have not previously connected the Neutral supply at all (just connected two wires from boiler to smart meter).

I followed the above instruction at least once, but the fuse had blown. After your advice, I plan to also connect Ns to parked spare connection.

What you described looks right, I am not sure why the boiler fused last time!

• Wadoud
    Options

Thanks Snubbers, I will be doing these steps on Saturday and will let you know including photos.

Just to confirm, when I return the link to the connection between Ls and Lr after disconnecting the tado wires, the boiler will operate normally.

This could be the case of a loose strands of wires, which I will confirm with photos.

Thanks!

• Wadoud
    Options

Hi Snubbers,

Just to update you that now the connection seems to be successful- no more fuses blowing!

It was the case of loose wires, I simply made the connection more robust.

The next challenge is to ensure the Tado is actually controlling the boiler! Not a wiring issue though.

Should I leave the boiler programmer on "On" all the time for the Tado to work? I have done that, but the unit does not seem to switch on demand.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Wadoud

• Wadoud
    Options

Hi Snubbers, thanks for the help!

The manual/configuration is what I need.

This now works.

Enjoy the holidays.