How do I change the programme for Christmas?

Options

It's nearly Christmas :-) That means the house will be used totally different from the rest of the year, and I'll want the heating to be on every day - so every day acting as if it's a Saturday / Sunday. Honeywell have this with their 'day off' feature but how can I do it with Tado?

Surely I don't need to create a complete set of schedules for this 2 week period, only to have to recreate them at the end of the holiday?

Gavin

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Are you currently using all 3 sets of schedules? (Schedule days in smart schedule)

• Across my 17 TRVs, some have a Mon-Sun programme set, some use the "Mon-Fri with separate Sat and Sun programme", and some use the programme where you set each day individually.

So across all TRVs I use all 3 schedules in one form or another.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

OK but it sounds as though no single radstat uses all 3? If that is the case it could be done with the third set for each - still a lot of work with that amount of radiators though but it would be a one-off reverting to previous after the holidays. Mayhap another member here might have better ideas.

• Thanks, that's a good workaround. Yes, a pain in the backside to setup initially (if I do all 17 radiators) and not as easy as a global 'pretend it's saturday' switch but it's better than nothing.

I went for Tado over Honeywell because I assumed it would be like choosing a nimble speedboat over an oil tanker, and that we'd be seeing new innovative features all the time. Honeywell have had the 'day off feature for years, and I'm somewhat regretting my choice now. Yes, Tado support is very fast, but there seems to be zero $$$ being invested in development.