Run a schedule without geofencing turned on ?

Options

Hi I recently purchased a complete Tado system (individual rad stats and a boiler switch )for my house a mid 1800 cottage with poor insulation and oil heating .

My aim was to control my heating to only the room I was in and only when it needed it as the heating is very inefficient. But to also have a fall back schedule to stop anywhere from getting to cold damp etc and then the frost protection in case that went wrong or I was away for a long time....

So far my 2 attempts to ask questions of Tado have just been met with generic responses and links and no real answers , which is very disappointing considering the money I have invested their system.

I wonder if someone here could help

The geofencing is not working for me it is inaccurate I live rurally with poor reception and asking me to choose my status while i am driving etc and I don't always want it to tun off when I leave the house briefly etc . I am also quite concerned at the way it is tracking me I have had a number of iOS warnings with very accurate maps of where I have been !

So my questions are

How do I have a schedule run like a normal thermostat without geofencing being turned on ?

It seems if I turn geofencing off I have to control each zone/room manually ? I can’t run it like a normal timer ??? 

How do I set home and away without geofencing being turned on ? 

I hope I am missing something oveous this will be the second system i have tried the first a lightwave system just plain didn't work at all ! It would be infuriating if this system works but I can't control it !!!!

Thanks in advance

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

If you are on the most recent versions Geofencing is not automated unless you pay an annual or monthly subscription for the service called autoassist. Without that payment, geofencing does little more than notifying you to turn off the heating once you are outside the defined area. When you 'turn off geofencing' I assume you mean deactivate 'include devices location' under settings.

• jrumball
    Options
    Thanks but i would still like to answer these questions

How do I have a schedule run like a normal thermostat without geofencing being turned on ?

It seems if I turn geofencing off I have to control each zone/room manually ? I can’t run it like a normal timer ???

How do I set home and away without geofencing being turned on ?
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

OK but I did not answer your questions because I do not understand them - sorry. If you mean the setting 'include devices location' then I cannot see how it affects the smart schedule. In terms of your last question, I'm afraid this site is full of similar requests and nothing has been said by Tado on this subject to date.

• jrumball
    jrumball
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thanks hopefully there is an answer to my question otherwise I will be forced to return the system . It is crazy that you can’t turn a schedule on and off or with the smart schedule set wether you are home or away manually ....

Even the most basic heating controller has a global on or off switch !