Home General Questions & Topics

Several Rooms Grouped as a Single Tado Room

I have 21 Tado thermostatic valves so that every room in my house has a valve. However Tado only allows for 10 rooms so I have to group several actual rooms together as a single Tado virtual room.

My loft has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms each with their own Tado radiator valve, but they are all in a single Tado virtual room called loft.

I am having trouble getting control over the temperature in each of these rooms. Initially I set the small bedroom as the measuring device room. This gets warm quickly and so the heating is turned off to the other loft rooms and they do not get up to the set temperature.

What is the best way to get each actual loft room at the same temperature, despite each room being a different size. Do I need to play around with offsets? Do I set the largest actual loft room as the measuring room for the Tado virtual loft room? Would that then make the smaller loft rooms too hot?

Obviously if Tado allowed 21 rooms to be controlled independently my problem would be solved.

I really like the Tado system and obviously have spent a lot on it.

Can anyone advise on the way to solve my problem caused by Tado only allowing 10 rooms (other than moving to a smaller house).😉 What is the best compromise for my situation?

Thanks.

Answers

• samdsamd ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

All I can think of is to experiment using the coldest radiator as measuring device and then reduce the water flow in the small bedroom by closing slightly on the lockshield device?

• Thanks for the idea.

I can see it might make a difference although could take a long time and then if the outside temperature changes I could be back to square 1.

It would be great if Tado could increase the number of rooms it can control. Especially when I have spent more than £1,500 on Tado equipment.

• samdsamd ✭✭✭

You mentioned in your first post, changing the temperature offset which I sort of dismissed cos the offset does not get much praise heaped on it around these parts!!

However, inaccurate as they might be, keeping them all measuring from self with a couple of degrees reduction on actual temperature for the two in the small bedroom compared to large bedroom may do the trick. If you needed to use offset, then the offset would be applied on top of that setting.

• I had a similar problem and decided to lump my 4 radiators in the hallways together as one zone. It isn't perfect and has cold spots but it gets around the problem.