Boilermate OV comparability

Options
I’m looking at getting Tado but I’m unsure how my current heating setup would integrate. I have a Boilermate OV which controls the heating and hot water. There’s a separate boiler but that seems to simply fire up based on the timings set on the BMl and room thermostat. Does anyone have experience of using Tado with a Boilermate?

Comments

• Hi there,

I have a Boilermate OV and have today installed a Tado for the central heating, which seems to be working fine.

Note that you can’t control the hot water function as it’s a heat-store and should be left on at all times for best efficiency.
  • foxy
    Options
    Excellent thanks for commenting. Which Tado kit did you purchase as I’m unsure if the extension kit would be required.
  • foxy
    Options
    Purchased the basic kit and it’s all set up and working. Not yet convinced it’s worth the investment, as the radiator thermostats seem to kick the heating in for the rest of the house.
  • Hi There,
    I have a Boilermate OV and it is controlled by a Myson MRT1 manual thermostat. I have bought the wired smart v3+ starter kit as advised by Tado and when wiring it up it isn't firing up the heating system. I was wondering if you could share how you have wired up the Tado to see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks