boilers starting on it's own

Hi,

over the past few days we've had issues with the boiler starting up when not called to do so.

this morning it was on again - after it had already been on for the schedule.

turning it on by my phone then turning off seems to turn the boiler off if that helps.

can anyone help please.. dont want the heating going when I'm at work.

Answers

• samdsamd ✭✭✭

I had the same problem - mine came on during the night (woke us at 0430) with no device calling for heat. Unfortunately, enlisting the help of the chat line and then tech support, they could offer me nothing more than confirming no device calling for heat - let us know if it happens again.

• will do @samd

hoping that Tado can get it sorted, i'd no issues when I had to "flick a switch" to turn it on.

are you still having issues?

• samdsamd ✭✭✭

@Dingerio0 I have not had any further issues to report to them but given it happened during the night we were fortunate that someone needed to visit the 'facilities' and heard it otherwise.....

However, I have only just studied your graph and the period after your scheduled part shows an upward path but no heating. If you put your finger on the graph you will get a pop up to show exact data.

• yeah... boiler was on, but it wasnt "told" to start.

so its only highlighted when tado is on

• samdsamd ✭✭✭

Yep sorry - me being thick (again) - it has shown the temperature increase but, correctly, not shown what did it.

• Same issue here. The boiler started 2:36 at night without any heat requests from any device. When I opened the Tado app it said it could not connect to my devices. I was using my phone with 4g connection.

Wifi was fine though and there were no internet problems at the moment. To temporarily fix the issue I turned down the Tado thermostate (to off) in the living-room. That turned of the boiler. I then restarted the Tado bridge. After a few moments the Tado app was able to connect and the devices were available again.

It seems the Tado bridge partially crashed, could not connect to the internet and turned on the boiler. A Tado technician told me in the past that in case the bridge's internet connection is lost the boiler is automatically switched on to avoid water pipes to burst due to freezing. I thought that it's completely insane. A normal 'dumb' thermostate does not do that either. The chance of freezing is very low here in the Netherlands. Because of this behaviour my Tado thermostate turned on the boiler 1,5 days non stop when I was on vacation and the internet connection was temporarily down. 18m3 gas wasted and my living room was 26 degrees Celsius when I came home.

I really hope this gets fixed any time soon.

• brilliant @Xander

least you got it working again.

I've an oil burning rayburn stove in the kitchen & we keep doors opened throughout the house.

It's usually about 16 degrees.. I just want a wee blast of heat in the morning for the girls getting to school.

last night at 11:40ish it was all turned off again (not connecting) yet the schedule was set & came on then it went back to unconnected.

all very strange.

fingers crossed we all get it sorted as the idea of controlling heat is brilliant :/