My app shows that there is no remote access

Options

Hello,

The app occasionally shows that there is no remote access to the tado thermostat. This occasionally lasts a few hours and occasionally a few minutes. The longest period it has done so for is 3 days, when were away and that was quite alarming.

The internet is always connected, and I have found that removing the Ethernet cable and plugging this back into the bridge resets everything back on.

What is the cause of this issue? Any suggestions or experience in getting this resolved?

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Wadoud Hello - have you tried re-locating the bridge? Some people have found improved comms by having the bridge vertically aligned.

• Wadoud
    Options

Thanks, I will try this as it is currently horizontally aligned.

• 13uzz
    Options

Hey Wadoud,

I had similar issues, aligning it horizontally didn't do the trick for me. The bridge was next to a switch... I moved the bridge 1.5m; away from any electrical device and that seems to work.

Also note that enabling pairing mode on the bridge also seems to work .. and reconnects the unconnected thermostat. The signal gets stronger when in pairing mode. At least this is what happens to me!

• Wadoud
    Options

Hey, thanks for your support with this!

Currently the bridge is close to the router, since I wanted to minimize cable mess. I will try and relocate it, hoping that this stops too!