Query

Help needed I have the smart thermostat linked in same room as a radiator thermostat when I change the temp on app only flashes and shows the change on the smart thermostat not on the valve is this correct or should they both show the change ?

Best Answer

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Mike2330matt_ Sorry just checked one of mine and the valve changes its target set by the thermostat but the valve does not show the change happening.

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Mike2330matt_ Hello - Using the app select the appropriate room and 2/3rds of the way down you can select the room thermostat as the measuring device for the radiator.

• Hi ye it’s set to the room smart thermostat as measure the temp but when I change the temp on my phone it blinks and shows the change on the smart thermostat but not on the radiator valve ?
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

Is it actually changing to the new value and not showing that change as it happens OR is it not changing it at all? Either way it's worth asking support - the TRV may be faulty or if it's the second of the above options it could be a communication problem.

• Seems to be changing can hear the valve move just not showing the change on the valve I tried another valve and it was the same maybe because it’s showing change on the thermostat in the same room ?
  • I wouldn't expect to the TRV to change? If you have nominated the room stat to the temperature controller then I dont see what the TRV would change. Once the room gets to temp, the system will tell the TRV to close surely?

• Just thought when I changed the Temp would also show the change on the radiator valve as well as the room stat as the rest of the valves do just not the one that’s linked to the smart thermostat?
  • Yeah you would think so, but on the other hand if the TRV changed too then you run the risk of the TRV reaching the temp way before the thermostat and cut off too early.

But i dont have this setup...so not 100% sure

• You do hear the trv adjusting it’s just not showing on the display of the trv as it does the others
    Will try separate them name it as a different room see if it works when not linked to the smart thermostat