SRV battery performance

Options
chuggypig
chuggypig
edited February 2020 in General Questions & Topics
One of my SRVs is asking me to change my batteries every few weeks. I’ve had my system installed for 8 weeks and all of my SRVs and thermostats are using the OEM batteries supplied.

In the SRV that required new batteries I used new LR06 as advised. 3 weeks later the same SRV now wants new batteries.

Anyone else having this problem? I have opened a case with Tado but I’m interested to hear from other users.

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@chuggypig Sounds faulty although there are a number of threads showing early change but not after 3 weeks. Had mine since November with no change.

• chuggypig
    Options
    Yes, I’ve struggled to find any threads that describe a similar experience of a battery life this short.

I’m using Duracell batteries currently, and depending on the time it takes for further troubleshooting or replacement of the radiator thermostat by Tado; I’ll try a different battery brand next time.
  • Annoyed
    Options
    :'( Getting really annoyed with battery performance on a couple of the tado radiator valves ..... I am having to change them every SEVEN days..... getting expensive
    I always use Duracell PLUS no problem on other valves
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Annoyed Seek replacement units from Support - that must be a fault.