Using trv as on/off instead of temp control

I have 2 trv’s fitted in my conservatory, the thinking was I could close the doors and have my tado switch them off at a certain time, then back on at a set time in the morning. I wanted them to heat up with the rest of the heating system when my main room thermostat kicks the heating in. As it is if I set the timer on the trv’s with a temperature say of 18 degrees, the central heating will keep heating the rest of the house until the 18 degrees is reached in the conservatory on the trv’s, meaning the main thermostat hasn’t actually reached a point where it needs to kick the heating in because it’s always above the 20 degree setpoint. Hope someone understands what I’m trying to say! And knows a way around it.....?!

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Micramike Hello. You need to contact support through the chat line on tado.com and ask them to change your system so that all tado devices can call for heat regardless of the position of the smart thermostat.

• Think I’d need the opposite and make it so the trv’s can’t call for heat, is that possible?
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Yes it's possible - they can only call for heat when the tado boiler-controlling thermostat is calling for heat. Again chat line can do it in a couple of minutes.