25 Degree Limitiation

Options

Hi,

i have already found several threads/comments on twitter about this but no definitive answer.

Is it planned to remove this idiotic restriction some time soon?

I will not have a thermostat decide how warm i can turn my house.

I know about the Temp Offset "hack" and that some "digital Boiler" requires this but that doesnt mean you cant turn in into an real option!

Comments

• RedZombii
    Options
    :s the whole idea of smart thermostats is to help save energy and reduce harmful emissions and combat climate change. There is no possible reason one would ever need a house heated above 25 and tado are right in keeping this restriction.
  • tulloch
    Options

Have you ever considered that someone who does not keep the best of health may have every reason to wish to heat above 25?

• _Marco_
    Options

Very good reason, but not one which happens that often. However this means also that tado is not a solution which fits your needs........

There is an area on this forum where suggestions can be posted and people can vote for them.

• davidlyall
    Options
    It's a good point. A lot of elderly people need the heat set higher
  • Tado does not have to decide what temperature I want in my house. I can make that decision. The thermostat should not be limited to 25 degrees.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

There are a few reasons why the user/customer may wish to increase the temperature of their home, and if the installed boiler system can achieve a temperature higher than 25°C........then why can't this be possible with Tado.