No Modulation with Ideal Vogue

I have tado wireless with extension kit connected to opentherm on Ideal Vogue C40. I do not have modulation at the boiler on heating. Boiler just runs at set temp on boiler stat. Also I need to leave dhw preheat on 24hr or I get no hot water in demand. Is this a boiler or tado issue? Can it be corrected?

Answers

• Hi PaulO,

The Vogue Combi is often installed using the relay interface, so there is just a simple on / off control for the thermostat and no hot water control (as it is a combi boiler).

However, the C40 should have an Opentherm interface that your tado° can connect to, which would allow for modulation and hot water control. Please contact support@tado.com and ask for help in determining if your boiler has the Opentherm interface and that tado° will be able to connect to it. If it does, then we will create special instructions for you as your Extension Kit will need to be connected to a separate power source.

Best regards,

Frank

• My tado is connected to the opentherm interface
  • Hi PaulO,

Please contact support@tado.com or use the contact form so that it can be checked by an engineer.

Best regards,

Frank