tado cloud light blinking

Options

This morning the cloud light is blinking. all other lights are on. have reset power on the hub, reserved ip address on the router, and bound IP and mac address (couldn't see an option for a static IP address on the router page)

Assume it is a problem in the house, as tado servers are online. not sure why anything would have changed over night as all working fine until this morning. I would appreciate some input from someone with more tech knowledge. I have exhausted all my knowledge!

Answers

• I have exactly the same as of this morning. I think it’s a server end problem but the support line keep coming up with inane suggestions like try a new lan cable. Where are you geographically nick? And what broadband provider?
  • Thanks for responding. I am Reading, uk. Broadband provider is EE- over a 4g connection

Have tried different port, reset, etc etc
  • Germán
    Germán | Admin
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hello nickandrews,

To solve these cases in which your router is preventing the Internet Bridge from connecting to Internet, please find here the troubleshooting you need to follow:

Best regards,

Germán

• Ok I’m 4gee as well which means it must be an update that they have pushed which is disabling tado access. Think we’ll need to speak to ee technical unless there’s something obvious on the router settings. Nick any ideas?
  • Spoke to ee last night they updated all their routers from ipv4 to ipv6 tado clearly not compatible with ipv6.... tado please send a sensible technical reply to this not another link to a self help page
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@jonlerneruk Hello - it would appear to be other than ipv6:

Also tado° uses IPv6 as a standardised procedure for data transmission.

I quote that from:

• Ps are you using a WiFi network or direct from 4gee device?
  • @samd thanks - yes but there is some incompatibility somewhere as the time of their update matches the time of the log out... so it’s not ipv6 per se but it is something in the implementation between tado and ee
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@jonlerneruk I agree - the timing is important - hope you chase it down quickly.

• @jonlerneruk - I am using a tp link router. @Germán - have reset router, used different LAN port etc etc and still no better. it wont even connect to the router now either!!

bizarre that it would happen on a sunday night - inline with the update push. good job we don't have hot water with tado too!

• @nickandrews Ok I use google Wifi Have isolated that and it’s not the issue so defn something to do with the 4gee router.... and the update they pushed last night... not sure where to go from here and do have hot water connected to it. Come on tado @"Germán" ee customer support identified the problem on the phone in 5 minutes surely you can do same?
  • @jonlerneruk are you sure ee have upgraded to IPv6? my router is saying no IPv6 connection present?

• @nickandrews mine too - that’s what they said they’d done though...
  • @nickandrews whats your plan #immersionheaternotworking #angrywife
  • @jonlerneruk ive reset everything, phoned EE, no luck. Will take the network bridge to work with me tomorrow and try and get it to connect there.
    Have logged a support ticket with Tado and followed all their basic advice there, so hopefully more suggestions come from Tado tomorrow!
  • @jonlerneruk fyi when I spoke to EE they couldn’t comment on ipv6- did you speak to a higher level support?
    My laptop says it has a ipv6 address on the network, so maybe there is an ipv6 connection present? I’m well out of my depth with all this tbh...
  • @nickandrews yes rang during day and the very kind lady spoke to level 2 tech support. Also out of depth.... had another mobile router in house... stuck my phone sim card in it (Vodafone) and everything working again.... will try ee SIM card in that router to see if it’s a router problem... else just buy a Vodafone PAYG Data sim for tado....good luck! Lmk if you get anywhere...
  • @jonlerneruk as if we would have to change network to resolve this! Crazy!
  • @"Germán" we need you to feed this back please. There’s a compatibility issue with Tado on this network, all other devices work with no issues
  • Germán
    Germán | Admin
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hello,

As the article indicates, if following the troubleshooting won't solve the issue, please contact our support. If further investigation on the type of router is required our colleagues would let you know which information is required so they can escalate it.

Best regards,

Germán

• @Germán support ticket raised on Monday morning. have been feeding back to advisor but they are slow to come back to me

@jonlerneruk have you raised a support ticket?

tried vodafone sim in the router tonight - all working perfectly. issue is definitely with EE network compatibility

• @nickandrews So I have now the ee sim in a non ee router. Works perfectly so it’s something to do with ee card and ee router together.....yes raised ticket will update it but slightly run out of energy for the way tado reply....
  • @jonlerneruk thats interesting. I’m not using an EE router, I’m using a TP link one. I’d love to know what setting I need to adjust!
    Thanks for your help so far
  • @nickandrews spoke too soon it worked then it stopped working.... now same issue as before so definitely an ee network issue not a router issue back to @tado and @"Germán" please speak to ee and sort.... in mean time am going to use a three simcard in the spare router....
  • @jonlerneruk this is extremely frustrating. I have tried every variable in the router settings and nothing makes any difference. Bizarre that the network bridge will connect with the router fine but not on to Tado servers. All other services run as normal
    Even more frustrating that Tado respond at a glacial pace!!!
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@jonlerneruk Maybe a typo but you said you had used a vodafone sim and it worked and then it did not but you then go on to say, therefore definitely an EE network issue. Have I misunderstood?

It's a pity this forum doesn't show where people are. I have a spare router with '3' sim which either of you could borrow - I am in Chesterfield Derbyshire.

• @samd we are both using EE sims normally. And that is where we feel the problem lies. We have both tested this theory by switching the sim in the router (to Vodafone)
    Thanks for the kind offer, but I am in Reading
  • @samd very kind offer - have a spare router and fingers crossed the 3 sim I’ve ordered will arrive today!
  • @jonlerneruk mine is working tonight! Is yours? Haven’t changed anything- weird
  • @nickandrews ha haven’t tried working on 3.... will try it in a bit! Thanks