New user - geofence functionality

Options

HI folks, I recently purchased a V3+ starter kit with 2 smart rad stats. I've currently only setup the bridge and the 2 radiator valves until i purchase another 8 smart valves when I will add the main thermostat and extension to the boiler.

The account is automatically shifting to away mode when we are out of the property, however i haven't setup any payment method etc. My understanding is that this is a paid feature, and without setting up payment I would receive a prompt to set the system to away mode. Am i missing something?

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@SteveH Hello. Your understanding is correct. Without payment you should only receive a remark on the app asking you to switch modes. Unless they have changed something!!!

• SteveH
    Options

Strange, I've never setup any payment method!?

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@SteveH Good for you!

• SteveH
    Options

I've just had a responce from Tado on this as I wanted to make sure I wasn't already paying a subscription with only 2 smart stats fitted. They have confirmed that with the V3+ starter kit purchases, and an Apple account, although i no longer have an apple device 🤔 that auto assist is included for free courtesy of Apple.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@SteveH Begs the question, how did they know you previously had an apple device!!

• SteveH
    Options

I don't think they do. Email address i've used on the account is different to the Apple account I have. Unless they use the name and address possibly. All rather strange, but better than needing to pay for a subscription.

• Germán
    Options

Hello SteveH and samd,

The tadoº devices that are purchased at an Apple store receive this bundle from them.

Best regards,

Germán