replacing a Salus wireless RF thermostat in multi zone setup

Hi, I'm looking for some direction on my new tado system.

My use case is as follows: I have a 3 story house, the ground floor has underfloor heating.

the heating system has timers for the zones (hot water, downstairs, upstairs), but they're wet to always on. I replaced the living room thermostat on the ground floor with a tado smart thermostat. it functions as intended. The hall and kitchen ones have yet to be replaced.

The top 2 floors have radiators and the zone is controlled by a thermostat in a room on the middle floor. I replaced this (the middle floor) thermostat with a salus RT500rf wireless thermostat many years ago. The relay replaced the original thermostat location and I put the sensor portion on the top floor as it is the coldest. This worked quite well but was very user unfriendly.

I wanted to expand my tado system so purchased a smart thermostat and extension kit to replace the salus wireless thermostat. (as the website says this replaces a wireless thermostat).

I was playing around with the thermostats and the behaviour is as follows:

1) ground floor calls for heat: boiler fires up, underfloor heating starts, good. Extension kit toggles and upstairs rads also come on, I don't want this.

2) upstairs calls for heat: boiler fires up, upstairs rads come on.

I cannot see how to link a smart thermostat directly to the extension. How do I get the top floor smart thermostat to toggle the middle floor extension kit only? Do I need a different hardware? Is there a backend config that needs to be set to link the 2 devices?

Answers

• This has been resolved by Tado support using a back-end configuration change.

• I know this thread is a few years old, but I don't suppose you can provide more details of the resolution to this, I need to do the same.