tado and viessmann vitodens 100-w B1*C

Hi all,

I've finally connected Extension Kit as instructed in installation wizard.

Also, successfully paired my extension kit with Bridge and Smart thermostat. It shows correct room temperature and humidity via app and everything seems fine, but when I try increasing room temperature to get my heating started, boiler won't turn on. Do I have to connect anything else then it's shown via Extension Kit installation instructions?

My setup:

Tado smart thermostat and bridge

Tado extension kit

Viessmann vitodens 100-w B1*C with 120l hot water tank

Here are pictures from installation instructions, I've connected as it was instructed:

From Vitodens X21to extension kit:

And from 220V power to Extension kit:

And how it looks on my wall:

There was no thermostat connected to Vitodens 100-w before tado, so this is fresh installation.

Can anyone help with an advice or something?

Answers

• matsv
    matsv
    edited September 2020
    I don't hear any clicks when I raise temperature above current room temperature level, or even when I turn on heating manually on viessmann and then decrease temperature via tado app/smart thermostat, it does not turn off the heating aswell
  • Yes, I've used pins 1 and 2 on x21, there was a notification if a jumper is connected there, to move it, but there were no jumpers connected on 1 and 2,even on 3 and 4,it was also blank
  • Did you manage to get it sorted? I have same problem.
    Thanks
  • Hi @matsv

Not sure if I can help you but my boiler is a Viessmann 050-w

I have a lot of pics that I had to send to Tado to get the correct connections for the Extension Kit.

If you still need assistance then just let me know and I'll try and help.

@SiCooke is your boiler a Viessmann.......my pix are only relevant for a Viessmann.

• @matsv on the X21 bridge the 1-2 terminals are for opentherm and 3-4 are used for weather compensation(external sensor).

• I have exactly the same issue. Can anyone help? Switching mode does not seem to work and I have no clue how to connect my Viessmann Vitopend 100W in digital connection using OpenTherm. @GrayDav4276 would it be possible to post your pics here?

• I have the same problem with vitodens 100-w B1KC.

• I see this is an old problem. No one finds out how this works?

• For Viessmann B1KC model the jumper is on the relay terminal and if opentherm or weather compensation are used this jumper must be removed. Dont remember the relay terminal number,can be found on the boiler manual. Without removing the jumper(looks like a wire strap) the opentherm and WC will not work in conection with Tado or any other room thermostat with Weater comp or opentherm capability.

• This is my setup. Exactly like in Tado app: