Tado reporting 2 degrees higher

Hi. My central thermostat is reporting 2 more degrees than a smart AC thermostat sitting next to it and a meteorological station. I know I can use the offset, but it feels wrong... is it defective? Sometimes has reported 4 extra degrees, so I am not fully sure the deviation is linear.

Answers

• Julia
    Julia ✭✭

Hi @Lashed ,

Thank you for your question.

If the sensor was broken, it would give you absolutely unrealistic temperatures.

It is possible that immediately next to the radiator, it is a few degrees warmer as heat might be held there, more so when the radiator is heating and the valve is open. You can check this by swapping your Smart Radiator Thermostat with another Smart Radiator Thermostat that you have installed on another radiator to see what they are measuring in another place.

You can find out more here.

If you are sure that there is something not working right with your Smart Radiator Thermostat, you can contact us so we can look into it. If you do that, please always make sure to give us the device's serial number and specific times and dates at which you observed the issue.

Best,

Julia