Humidity

Options
One of my thermostats is showing high humidity but room not humid. Have moved to another room and it still shows high humidity but thermostat that is moved to original room shows normal humidity Any ideas

Comments

• mistachesta
    Options

Dropping in here to talk about the same issue. I've been monitoring humidity using the tado TRV's and, given the time of year and UK weather, I decided to take action and buy a dehumidifier given I'm getting readings of over 70% humidity in some rooms.

Dehumidifier in place, doing its job well... but I noticed the humidity reading on the dehumidifier is way lower than the readings I'm getting from the tado TRVs... tado says 78% humidity.... dehumidifier reads 55%.

I decided to buy three standalone sensors and stand them next to each other, they all consistently read closer to the dehumidifier (+/- a few %), all WAY lower than the tado TRVs.

I tested this in each room, and for each, the readings on the standalone sensors and the dehumidifier are within a few %, but the tado TRVs are reading so much higher. Something isn't right here... the same applies to the temperature reading. Looks like tado is way off compared to multiple external devices.

I'd be keen to hear other views on this, and I'll also submit to tado as a ticket for a response.