Worcester Greenstar 30i boiler / Tado Extension Kit

Hi,

I have a Tado smart thermostat and a extension kit but struggling to get it working.

I currently have a Worcester Greenstar 30i boiler connected to a Honeywell BDR91 which wirelessly links to a Honeywell EHE0200361.

I would like now to connect my extension kit directly to my boiler and use it with the smart thermostat (and get rid of the Honeywell bits).  I want to control the central heating and ideally the hot water.

The instructions on the website tell me to connect the EMS connections, this did not work, I got power to the extension kit from this connection but had no control of the heating.

Can someone advise where I connect the Tado cable between the terminals on my boiler and the extension kit terminals?

Thanks

William O’Callaghan

Answers

• @willocallaghan I am having the exact same issue. Black and grey cables put into my Orange EMS connection. Grey to + and Black to - on the Tado extension kit. I have power to the extension kit and it is synced with the hub however I can't get the heating to work. If you figure it out, please let me know likewise the other way round.

Cheers.

• DId you have any luck with this i have a Bosch Greenstar 30i too with the Tado wireless Starter 3+ kit

I want to use the EMBUS connection so wiring that coonector is straight forward

Im thinking i should remove my exisiting Hive connection and its wires and take it back to no controller option. But i dont know what that looks like

i attached pics of my Boiler using HIVE and also the Hive receiver connections any further help would be great

• I’ve answered this on a seperate thread