valve downloading configuration - how long does it take? 12h room without heating.

I have a valve that is showing the "downloading configuration" icon (two dashes going up and down) since yesterday.

I've only noticed it because the heating didn't work this morning. The display as usual is not showing anything unless you rotate the top of the valve.

In the room there's also a temp sensor so everything was looking normal.

Any idea how long it should take to come back and work properly?

Thanks

Answers

• After sending the first message I moved the temp sensor to another room to have better control of the valve and check how it works if that's the only sensor in the room and it is basically offline.

The app doesn't tell you the status and you basically think that everything should work unless you go to the valve and trigger the display to show the status.

After 3 minutes I could hear the valve recalibrating and now it shows the temperature so it is back.

The question still stand, is it normal for it to take 12h to download the config, for the heating to basically not working and have no clue in the interface of what's going on?

Thanks

F

• Valve started to download configuration again... 🤔

• I have the same issue. Downloading configuration for more than two days already. Firmware looks up to date but other thermostat is on a lower level. Could this be due to one thermostat downloading?

• Frenke
    Frenke
    edited January 2021

hey @Maartenk good morning!!!

the problem in the end for me was not the valve but a thermostat that I've added to the room.

In fact if I tried to move the thermostat to another room the valve in that room was having the same issue.

So the fix for me was to "reset" the thermostat that was somehow stuck in some strange status....

this is the support message:

=================================

On Wireless Temperature Sensor, please perform a factory reset. In the following article it is explained how you can do so. However you have to make 1 change. In the third step you have the pick a different icon. At the bottom of this email you will find a picture of the correct icon. It shows a exclamation mark and a trash can.

How can I restart the pairing of my Smart Thermostat/or Wireless Temperature Sensor?

picture of the correct icon to select:

Factory Reset.jpg

==================================

I found navigating the menu and selecting the icon a bit tricky not bacause difficult but because you don't really know if you selected it or not .....

(remember step 3 to select the right icon :) )

in the end it worked.....

:)

hope this helps

• I've reset and rejoined the thermostat to the room and the next morning if was fine!

• I have the same problem - after a battery change I have one valve is stuck in "downloading configuration" and it is not opening. It is in a room with one other valve and a thermostat being used as a temp monitor for the room. The other valve is working properly.

I've tried resetting the thermostat as described here but it has not helped - though not convinced the thermostat is the problem as the other valve it is linked to works fine.

The other strange thing I have noticed is that the misbehaving valve is on firmware 75.2, whereas every other valve/stat in the house is 54.19 (bridge is 60.7).

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried resetting and re-pairing the valve. I messaged Tado 6 days ago, obviously with no response....

• Configuration Download

Same problem here, i rebooted the device, did a repairing, reset.... nothing changes.

The Radiator Thermostat is mounted, calibrated. But Confuguration Download never ends, i am running out of ideas and well, i think i have to return all tado devices. No use having only one working if they do not work in my rooms.