Hot water but no heating.

Options

We have installed our Tado extension kit and smart thermostat, hot water works but no heating. We have a gravity fed system and have already contacted Tado for the driver we need but installation said it should work if hot water is kept on, it doesn't and Tado have not responded in 2 days. The 'live chat' has not been any help as there has been no response and I have left a voicemail but again got no response as yet. This is now our second day without heating so any advice or suggestions would be great! Thanks.

Answers

• Chapstar37
    Options
    Had this problen. Link in extension kit is made of different plastuc and comes loose.

If you had a wired theremostat before linked to a storage tank thermostst you need to have it connected, to the wall plate where your old stat was. Doesn't work wirelessly unless you bypass the original theremostat backplate. I leave mine permanently plugged into the wall plate in the hall as I have TRVs in all other rooms, if you want a roaming thermostat you would either need to bypass your old one and use the extension kit and a smart thermostat or turn the old one to maximum and let the Tado smart thermostat control the heat wirelessly via the extension kit.