Replacing extension - how do I pair it?

Options
scgf
scgf ✭✭

This morning my heating did not come on. The app says the system is calling for heat, but the boiler does not come on. The extension is showing a slow, pulsing light, but whatever I do I don't hear the click of the relay. The boiler is fine - I can get it to fire manually. When I set the thermostat manually the change is immediately reflected online and in the app - so I am sure the network is fine. I have ordered a replacement extension box but am wondering if I will need to do anything in particular to pair it with my Tado thermostat.

Answers

• scgf
    scgf ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options

Clearly the only way it can be done is by contacting Tado. Two days later and I've had no response. I've had my Tado system since 2015 and have heavily promoted it online and to friends and family. When I originally set it up you could call Tado and get immediate help. No longer is this the case. I have disconnected Tado from my system and deleted my account. I just have to think I've had five trouble-free years with it and it's time to move on.

• RedTom
    Options

FYI, it is the start of winter and everyone is contacting Tado for support. Perhaps an expected event.

The other thing is Amazon has just had a massive, heavily promoted, sale of Tado items at less than half price (starter kits, thermostats, the works) and have probably sold many thousands of kits. All these new buyers (including me) have been installing this gear and hammering Tado support. Exactly as winter starts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tado are experiencing a 300% increase in support workload. They should really put up a banner on their website / app. Success is something to be celebrated.

• scgf
    Options
    Just to update my post, I bought a Nest Thermostat and it was dreadful. Geofencing worked when it felt like it, but frequently didn’t. Definitely form over function. I had deleted my Tado account so started from scratch and added each component. I’m pleased to report that it all works and I had no need to contact Tado support. I even got back my free access to geofencing, open window detection etc., given my system was purchased in 2015 and only the extension box was new.