My system is overheating

Options

I have recently installed x 4 TRV thermostats dotted around the house (not every radiator) and x 1 smart thermostat for the rest of the system. Most of the system is working OK but every morning the living room smart TRV and the regular TRV radiator next to the hallway smart thermostat are pumping out heat even when way above scheduled temperature or set to 'OFF'.

The schedule should tell the living room TRV to heat from 14 to 18 @ 7am and yet it climbs to 26, even when I turn it 'OFF' altogether.

The same schedule should tell the smart thermostat controlling the rest of the radiators to heat to 19 but it continues to pump out heat for hours even when reading 22C.

I have tried resetting the smart TRV in the living room, the smart thermostat and the extension kit but this still happens every morning. In the afternoon/evening things tend to normalise and level off and then it works fine in the evening.

Tado's chat support completely unresponsive. Left a message on their 'emergency' line, no call back yet.

Answers

• Dessy
    Options

hi,

what setup have you got on the trv's ? have you got them all in there own zones?

• davidlyall
    Options

Is the radiator oversized for the location? Even if Tado turns off the heat, there will be a large amount of residual heat left in the radiator. Alternatively, perhaps the TRV isn't properly calibrated and is not actually closing the valve?

Also, are you using the early start feature as that simply doesn't work with the Tado TRVs despite their site suggesting that the system learns. I found that when I first tried it, the system would fire up 4 hours before the required time and it never improved so I turned it off again