Upgrade or not...

Options

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum but not to Tado. I have a Version 1 install I did about 5 years ago.

There is nothing wrong with it really, It is all working fine and almost fits my current needs. So the answer is 'No' I don't need to upgrade 😁

My fiancée has never really liked it. She would prefer a good old fashioned knob to turn 😇 to control the heating.

I also have the not very useful wireless [solar powered] room thermostat that came with V1 install kit. I am not sure the solar cell still works or there simply is not enough light unless I place it to my shed roof 😋. So it needs charging more and more often.

I currently have conventional thermostatic radiators which with V3 I could replace some with Tado rad stats.

So today the main benefit of for me of V3(+) is a room thermostat that is not solar (I do have a wired but blanked off unused room thermostat point in my hall) and has a temperature readout and I assume up and down buttons to control the temperature. Is this case in that I can control the temperature on the Smart Stat?

Is there anyway I could just add the Smart Stat to my existing V1? It may be of benefit to my Fiancée 😂 at least, to scrap the Tado entirely and just but a remote digital room thermostat and reinstall my old boiler controller.