Extension Kit / Myson Touch / Hot Water

Options

I have moved house and bought my existing kit with me. I received the instructions to wire up the extension kit to replace the Myson Touch TS EU which controlled the hot water and heating.

I replaced the Myson Touch with the extension kit and had already fitted smart radiator thermostats and the heating worked as it should but the hot water failed to turn on so no hot water.

I keep getting told by technical support I need a wireless temperature sensor or smart thermostat so the system can work and control the hot water.

I do have a smart thermostat but have nowhere to wire it, so can it just be used wirelessly and why do I need it as surely if the extension kit was wired in correctly it should control the hot water and heating - what am I missing as in my mind I think the extension kit is faulty not to work the hot water but work the heating. What will the smart thermostat add to control the hot water, I have wired back the Myson Touch and everything is working OK except all the Tado controls obviously.

Answers

• G19
    Options

Label up from Myson Touch.

• Essjay2730
    Options

Hi G19, I've just posted a very similar issue. Brought old kit with me to new system, installed per instructions the rad valves plus extension kit. Wiring was a straight swap over, easy. The only thing I didn't do was wire in the wall smart thermostat over an existing one as I too felt it shouldnt make a difference to the hot water. Anyway system and extension kit all working fine but now the honeywell controller has been replaced with like for like wiring I have no hot water. I've emailed tado support, no response yet, but wondered whether you ever fixed your problem and what was it you did that solved it?

• G19
    Options
    In the end I set up the smart thermostat but without wiring in - therefore the same as a wireless one. It now controls the hot water along with the extension kit. Took a while with the help of the support team to get everything working as it should as new house had two separate zones upstairs & down. Had to buy extra smart thermostat for upstairs zone. Tado had to make some adjustments on the server for me re the two zones but once they had replied to my initial request for help they were really helpful just had to wait a few days for each reply to come back.