Low battery causing heating to come on - no low battery indication

We have Tado rad stats in most rooms, but not the hallway so any time heat is called for, it heats a portion of the house.

In the last month we've had 2 stats cause the heating to be on full power as the battery's aren't good enough to open the valve, but good enough to call the heating. No warnings or low battery indicated on the device or the app.

When is this issue going to be fixed? I see its been ongoing for a long time. We've probably lost a months savings by this happening if not more so makes them kind of pointless.

Low battery causes boiler to run — tado° Community

Our system is only just a year old so the batterys do not seem to last all that long and give no warning of when they are low.

Answers

• Thinking about it, i notice the issue when the hall/stairs/landing temperature comes up significantly. If i could put a warning/alert when it went over a certain temperature i could probably catch it much easier

• I have the same issue. I have a tado valves about 3 years. At the end of battery, life tado stays open but the battery indicator status shows good. I use Energizer Ultimate lithium and after this behavior, I measure on batteries about 1,2V. New batteries solve this problem. 

In my tado system stay, Energizer Ultimate litium for about 11 months and from May till October is heating disabled. It is about 5 months of active heating :-(.

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

Looks like battery info is now available via push (iOS)

• paul0000
    paul0000 ✭✭✭

I've had a battery alert (app and email) twice recently and within a day or two found my heating in those rooms going nuts and heating continuously leading to 27c temperatures in those rooms.

Am sure the family appreciate it, but I don't given the extortionate cost of oil in the UK at the moment😡