Does manual input override smart schedule?

We used to have just a tado thermostat linked up to our boiler, and a smart schedule set. If the temperature needed adjusting, we’d do it and come the next time block on the smart schedule - it would revert back to that schedule.
We recently bought radiator thermostats as we started renting our spare room out and wanted the lodger to have some autonomy on heating his room. I set a smart schedule for his rota, but when he turned the heating up manually on the radiator thermostat, I noticed on the app that the change had been applied ‘until I make a change’ as opposed to ‘until next time block’ so when he went to sleep, his heating was on all night instead of turning down and coming back on in time for him to wake up in the morning

Best Answer

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You need to change the manual control settings for your lodger’s room. Click on the room name, not the device name in the settings menu.

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@GrilledCheese2 You are correct, of course but all mine are set to next change but for some of them on manual change give a timer value which seems to be 'plucked out of the air'

• @samd yes, making the temperature change on the app does produce random results, and has done for a while. If I make the change on the actual device then it does appear to work as expected.
  • @GrilledCheese2 Thank you so much! He doesn’t seem to understand that heating costs money so this is a great way of giving him autonomy but retaining control!