IFTTT delay

Options
Hi,
I sometimes have boiler issues where the pressure has dropped and then heating doesn't work until I top it up. Unfortunately Tado doesn't know this so even though all my Tado TRVs are trying to heat the rooms, the temperature continues to drop.

I have one room (nursery) set to 20° all night. I have tried to set an IFTTT to alert me if the room drops below 19° so I know there is an issue and can investigate. This does work but the IFTTT applet doesn't run until a good hour and a half later. I have checked the temperature graph of the room in the Tado app and can see when the temperature dropped to 18.9 but the applet didn't run until around an hour later.
Anyone else experiences timing issues with IFTTT?

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Last week there were significant problems with IFTTT applets running late or not running at all. Caused by Amazon’s AWS failing in many regions. It’s been fine for about 3 days, so you should not have experienced delays over the weekend. My applets are currently running with little delay.

• My ifttt hasnt been working properly since last week. Probably caused tlby the issue mentioned above but it definately isn't fixed for me.

I have it so if the temp drops below a threshold it come on for 20 mins but in the past week it just doesn't come on or come an hour late in rare occasions.

Is there an alternative to ifttt (a more reliable one?)
  • nain_ja
    Options

I have the same problem! But, in my case, IFTTT applet takes more than 9 hours to trigger!!!

Is the problem caused by the connection of Tado with Aamazon AWS? Is there any solution or alternative?

Thank you so much.

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

I spoke too soon. Since Tuesday I’ve had nothing but trouble with Tado’s IFTTT service. The delays are a minimum of 6 hours or complete failure to trigger. I have over 50 applets using multiple services and the others are currently working without any irregular delay.

I’ve also had strange behaviour with the app showing incomplete data in recent days. I think Tado have some issues with their servers that’s affecting performance. I hope they sort it out soon.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same situation for me.

I've got a few lights that are set to come on automatically before sunset. However I didn't want them to come on if there's nobody home. I setup an IFTTT to use the Tado Home/ Away state to trigger whether the lights on at sunset routine should be enabled/ disabled.

Sadly I'm currently experiencing a 9 hour delay for the applet to trigger! When it does finally trigger it correctly reports the time at which the Tado Home/ Away state was reported, so it seems like a delay in that message getting from Tado to IFTTT?
  • nain_ja
    Options

I finally wrote to Tado to ask them about the problem. They answer me that the problem was solved (in my opinion, I think that yes) and they sent me the following link with an explanation: https://status.tado.com/incidents/rqx0879l3d89