No Hot Water - Danfoss TPOne-M

Options

Hey, all. I have logged a support request but

thought this maybe quicker as I can't see it being a hard one for someone who knows what they're doing to solve! (And with Black Friday I'm sure support are going too be busy!).

I have new house so hoping it's wired up in a fairly standard way?! There are two thermostats, one in the bedroom (this isn't being replaced) and one in the hall (which also does the host water). The thermostat it in the hall that is being replaced is a Danfoss TPOne-M. The central heating works no problem but there is no hot water :(. There is a Kingspan hot water tank and an Ideal boiler.

Following the instructions it asked if there is a bridge cable which there was not. I have attached a picture of the original wiring and the newly wired Tado Extension kit. Can anyone see anything obvious I have missed? When you manually set the hot water to come on you do hear a click from the host water tank.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks, Joe

Answers

• My guess would be I need a bridge cable from CH COM to HW COM?

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Yes, you need to bridge CH COM to HW COM. This will give you the required Live on both relays. At the moment your HW NO is permanently isolated.

• Thanks, @GrilledCheese2, that fixed it! Much appreciated :)

• john896
    Options

@JoeHodkinson , this looks to be the exact same setup as my home and I have been looking for a smart system to install after having a Honeywell EvoHome system in my old house and loving it. Can you tell me if you installed any smart TRV's and if so have you found the system to be any good. I was impressed with the EvoHome system with smart TRV's but due to now having 2 CH zones plus DHW I don't think that system is compatible. I know your post is from over a year ago so hoping that it has given you a good chance to fully test and find any flaws in the system and either love or hate it.