Rad thermostat is not turning on the bolier

Options

My new just installed v3 is not working .The Smart Radiator Thermostats are set to 25 and are showing three wobble line ,The current temperature is 19. it is not  asking the Smart Thermostat to send a demand for heat to the boiler. ggrrrt Please help -Have i got a wire missing perhaps (a loop to another connection in the thermostat connections perhaps)

The living room thermostat is working ok. it will show the temperature and it turns on the boiler when the temperature drops below the set minimum. HOWEVER the radiator valve will not turn on the boiler. Please help i am hoping someone else has had this issue with a new install. thanks

Best Answers

• Sim
    Sim ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It could be your TRV settings. The TRV's have 2 configurations - either set to call for heat from the bolier independently or just allowing the main wall thermostat only to call for heat (which yours could be set too). Unfortunately you need to check with Tado (and wait a week!) and get them to check your settings.

• DaveW
    DaveW
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think you can change the configuration yourself on the latest browser version. If you log in using a browser such as Chrome (not the app), click Settings > Rooms and Devices, Select the room in which the thermostat is fitted, and then scroll to the bottom of the settings for that room. There you can choose the Zone Controller. It should be set to your Smart Thermostat, but can be set to another, or none. If you select "No Zone Controller" I assume it will work like a normal TRV and not switch on the boiler.

Hope that helps and works for you! The features are getting better very quickly.

• russellsilcox
    Answer ✓
    Options

FANSTSIC Thank you so much .Thats exactly what was incorrect i have now set them to the room thermostat and they now work Yipee thanks again .You would have thought that this would be highlighted in the setup. Brilliant .Thanks again .

Answers

• Thank you Sim let's hope it is only that. As everything is ok apart from this. That was why I installed Tado.
  • EVKA
    Options
    You can edit the zone controller settings from your app too, Settings>Rooms and devices>click on the room name (not the device!) where you'd like to edit the zone controller.